WAPol aplication process

Frequencies, Callsigns and discussion on the WA Police Service radio (VKI)

Moderator: Bonez

woobla1
150+ posts
150+ posts

Re: Soo sent off my ap

Post by woobla1 »

trent wrote:Woobla, you are entiltled to your own opinion and I suggest you don't turn this into/ nor am I interested in an online argument, you don't know me and I don't know you, but Singkenten's comments were not simply saying that the PI was 'rough'. (Don't take this as a personal attack Singkenten)

Those who have gone through Police testing would be well aware of the confidentiality requirements put forward by recruitment and are expected to abide by that.
ok fair answer, but is it then not up to him to ensure he meets the confidentiality requirements not us?
CANT HEAR THE POLICE ANYMORE?
SEE THIS POST: http://warsug.info/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4424
trent

Post by trent »

Yes, it is his decision as to whether he meets those requirments. I was merely making an observation and having my say, nothing more, nothing less.
This is my signature, get you own!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

yew... smile bud... :-P
trent

Post by trent »

Nothing but smiles over here bud...:)
This is my signature, get you own!
phreak
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by phreak »

ok, cos no one really answered the question...

yes, the psych is intense, but just be confident, know who you are as a person and be yourself during the interview. as easy as that.
CDC Fire Rescue - Volunteer Firefighter
A52 - Volunteer Firefighter
Reevesy

Post by Reevesy »

I am hoping to apply to be a police officer, and I'm quite excited. If I was to go to apply tomorrow, how long would I have to wait until I was sent to the academy? Assuming I met the requirments. Another question. I see they now require year 10. I didn't do well in year 10 but I did go on to year 11 and 12, however, didn't do well in those years either. Should I still apply, seeing as though it says completed not graduate?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers. Reevesy
Tyranus
Amateur callsign: VK6FWDH
Scanners and Receivers: UBC93XLT

Post by Tyranus »

Reevesy wrote:I am hoping to apply to be a police officer, and I'm quite excited. If I was to go to apply tomorrow, how long would I have to wait until I was sent to the academy? Assuming I met the requirments. Another question. I see they now require year 10. I didn't do well in year 10 but I did go on to year 11 and 12, however, didn't do well in those years either. Should I still apply, seeing as though it says completed not graduate?

Thanks in advance.
Recruiting would be the best people to answer your questions, but I don't see why your results would be too much of a problem, you have more than what it required.
Stirling SES
Team Leader (Stirling 53)
Vertical Rescue Team Member
K9 7 Support

VK6FWDH
ex-Darlington FB
WARSUG Demi-God I mean Mod
If stupidity got me into this mess, why can't it get me out.
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

as to the wait to get into the academy you are looking at at least 12 months more likely to be 18 months though... so yeah if your gonna apply, do it as soon as possible...
Reevesy

Post by Reevesy »

Whats with the wait?
Cheers. Reevesy
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Simply less leaving, more applying...

Excluding returning officers who do a 'refresh' course

There were 12 academy squads in 08, in 09 there will be 3 (4 at the max).

The senior sarge of recruitment also said that aplications had tripled in the last three months.
Reevesy

Post by Reevesy »

So if it takes 12 months before you go to the academy, how long does it take to complete the application process from the time of submitting the application?
Cheers. Reevesy
Caddy1

Post by Caddy1 »

get a good job like a council ranger ;) It takes approx 6 weeks from application to on the job!
singkenten
150+ posts
150+ posts

Post by singkenten »

Put in your apllication - 2 weeks later do you PEE, 2 weeks later do your PPE, 1 week later do your psych, pass all of that then do your medical a few weeks after. Really though the PPE can be done when your ready, you cand defer that as long as you want. But obviously the more you put things back the longer you wait...
Reevesy

Post by Reevesy »

What type of things are in the exam? Is it difficult?
Cheers. Reevesy
Schism_
WARSUG top poster
WARSUG top poster

Post by Schism_ »

If you have a look at the http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au website there's example questions.